Sunday, October 3, 2010

National Cleanup Day Event from 9-25-10

So last weekend we held the first National Cleanup Event for the Arizona Chapter of Sport Chalet.  For the first event of its kind the turn out was good and I hope that the next one will be even better!  We had students from my store in Scottsdale, some from Goodyear and Tempe as well.  On this day we collected around 200lbs in trash from the shoreline and underwater.  It made me feel good that the divers here in the desert care so much about the environment that took part of their morning to come out to Lake Pleasant to participate.  Thanks to everyone that helped out! 
On the same day Chirs Fuller our Aqua Lung Rep came to the store and held a Demo Day.  Where he pulled out the latest and greatest Aqua Lung gear for our customers to put on and try in the pool.  The response from the customers was great!  It resulted in a great day of sales for the store as well.  I was sooo busy with customers on the sales floor that I didn't even get a chance to try any of it out!!  It was kind of funny really but the words that I used when I found out that everything was put up before I could even get into the water that day...well lets just say they where ones I learned from my father who was a mechanic!
I owe a big THANK YOU to Bob, Barry, Chris and Scott.  Without the help of these guys the event would have been much harder to pull of!  Thanks again guys!

        

 




1 comment: